Indian Ameri

Thursday

Cold Heart. Warm Hands. & its Chirstmas

"A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know" - Diane Arbus

Strapped to an SLR, I was witnessing the magnificent candidness of a lovely and vivacious beauty at sight. As the blur narrowed to auto focus through the eyepiece, I saw her actions disappear into the mist of masked reality. Just like the colors of white light, the world divulges to be multicolored through a glass prism. The opportunity at hand, of having an SLR with a zoom lens, along with the magnitude of emotions revealed by this subject, all of a sudden seemed tangentially misfit.

As I drove back on a journey through the new found woods, a slide show of those pictures, which captivated my interests in photography, ran through my mind. With questions behind the efforts and feelings of most famous photographers wandered my head, I decided to hitch towards the setting dusk. As the fog over the frozen lake rose slowly along with the setting sun, new insights over the art and the men behind the art were discovered. I rode back home, did some Google searching behind the histories of most famous photographers, and found the real truth behind those solitude seeking eyes.

The simple yet astonishing oath behind the success of hardcore photography legends - "Cold Heart and Warm Hands" One needs a cold heart to avoid the emotions that delineate the graphic picture of realism at sight, and a pair of warm hands that overcome the prejudicial selfishness of answering our own earthy questions, and press that forefinger onto the silver button of "Life is stopped." Only these guys fall under the category of Diane Arbus' quote. It is best that one finds answers rather than be told known answers.

Was it coincidence?, I don't know. A part of my revelation expressed entirely on the photograph as such, was vaguely addressed at the end of Frost/Nixon. Here is a slightly modified version of the most important dialogue from the script - "The reductive/simplifying power of the close-up is the greatest sin of photography. It diminishes great complex human life. Emotions of grave depth, ages of character build up, whole life, become reduced to a single snapshot."

09 seems to be an interesting year in the prosperity of this new found love of mine. (The post was written over a period of 5 days)

And something cool from the hot life: Yesterday, I was locked at my home due to a severe sleet storm. Unfortunately I ended up taking a power nap, and had to spend the rest of the night watching discovery channel (Awesomeeeee!!!), and season 7 of Scrubs (Awesome Dosomeeee!!!). As Bob retired at the end, I was reiterated with a quote from some movie - "The only lone people are those who have retired" True story ain't it? So far this Christmas eve has been great. I learned that the happiest moments of sharing gifts, is when the gift wrappers are torn open, rather than watching the gift you wanted the most, as such. It's the break even point, where the wait and curiosity finally, is killed in the hunt for the unknown much-awaited gift. It was my lucky day to take the car out after all.... Got another few hours before fat Santa scoots out the sleek chimney....
Reality check on the next half of the Christmas eve: Yes Man (Yes!! It was great), a simple long drive U turned to Louisville. Riverside was closed, and so went on a hitchhiker spree to end up on the other side of the river (A beautiful place. I wish I had a girl friend :P It's near this restaurant called "The Menu on the river" in Jeffersonville), a three wise men go hunting drink, 9+1 seasons greetings, 9+1 crazy lines, 9 vipers, and a random stranger, the drive right only game (on red, turn right, else go straight..) and a sight of my life (being Christmas), an exact to speed limit drive back to Lex, slumdog, a few catch ups with frenz turning to a trip of get to gather in 3 weeks, and finally star gazing. Whew! I wish everyday is Christmas eve... :D
Melllllyyyyyy Klisssmassssss 2 u allll.....
posted by Unknown at Thursday, December 25, 2008

2 Comments:

Hmm



"Strapped to an SLR, I was witnessing the magnificent candidness of a lovely and vivacious beauty at sight. As the blur narrowed to auto focus through the eyepiece, I saw her actions disappear into the mist of masked reality. Just like the colors of white light, the world divulges to be multicolored through a glass prism. The opportunity at hand, of having an SLR with a zoom lens, along with the magnitude of emotions revealed by this subject, all of a sudden seemed tangentially misfit.

As I drove back on a journey through the new found woods, a slide show of those pictures, which captivated my interests in photography, ran through my mind. With questions behind the efforts and feelings of most famous photographers wandered my head, I decided to hitch towards the setting dusk. As the fog over the frozen lake rose slowly along with the setting sun, new insights over the art and the men behind the art were discovered. I rode back home, did some Google searching behind the histories of most famous photographers, and found the real truth behind those solitude seeking eyes.



Clear your head a little more, read through what you wrote once or twice more, stick to your theme and there you go

Write a book full of that and il be your agent :)

p.s - why wud a society bird like u want to spend christmas all alone / sleeping at home ?

10:25 PM  

@ Abhikoo: Writing a book - That's a definite in a few decades. U, as my agent - I'll think over it.
And for the bird flying in solitude - I'm just seeking for my daily worm

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home