Indian Ameri

Wednesday

Probably increased the probability

It's a one in a million probability to see 15 people on one side and 15 people on the other side of a four lane city road, waiting for the walk signal to turn green, especially when there is no vehicle, not even a bicycle, a mile close to the zebra crossing. When we were thought 'Look to the left, then to the right and then again to the left, and then cross', guess Americans were taught 'Cross only on the zebra and that too only if its a green walk signal' No offense, sometimes, one has to follow the mind instead of something taught in kindergarden.
Well as for me, it took 2 seconds to wait behind the line, 2 seconds to move sideways, 2 seconds to check both sides of the road, 10 seconds of scratching my head in confusion of why none of them cared to cross, and 10 seconds of winking my eyes to really check if my eye power increased drastically in a day or was there invisible cars zooming across the road. Finally 'What the hell? Am going' ran into my mind, and after using the Indian lesson of checking crossings, I walked not normal but with a 'cool attitude'. A smug at the brown suited guy on reaching the other side, made him question his rulebook and evntually he started crossing, and then the whole crowd all thinking 'What the hell? Why didn't I cross in the first place?' crossed the road.
10 minutes later, on the other side of the same road, I licking the spoon of cheese cake, waited patiently at least 2 minutes to cross the empty road, savoring the cake and finally crossing it when the walk signal appeared. A big smile as I reached the other side, and moments later, I turned back, waited and soon found another pile of crossbyers making it 2 in a million probability. 'Hmmm. This is America. The land of oppurtunity. Oppurtunity of crossing occurs and nobody takes it'
Well, me waiting for the signal to glow green - thats one in a zillion probability. I just increased the probability by many folds.
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, December 12, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home