Challenge Accepted Buddy!!!
Today, from an odd incident, one of my old under grads saw me discussing seriously with my advisor. My casual half hour lunch in the grad lounge was time enough for the under grads to approach me and remind me that I have grown too professional in the past few months. A consoling survival-of-the-fittest discussion bombarded inadvertently into an inelastic collision. $5 bet on the table from each, that I call my advisor 'buddy' in front of a representative under grad within the day and that he should not respond with a question mark in his face. A reliever from the routine in disguise is what the challenge seemed to me. Challenge accepted!!!
1:30 pm - Group meeting: I knew that my advisor with his lunch schedule today in particular, would be coming early to the conference room to open it up. I, along with the representative, arrived a couple of minutes before my advisor. As my advisor walked along the corridor towards us, I said, "Nobody is here Dr. H***."
Dr. H: Nobody????
I: (Using the opportunity to the maximum extent, sighed, and went.....) NOooooooo (paused, smiled short and........) Buddy(ieeeeeeee)!!! (This was strong, and lucid in pronunciation).
Dr. H: They should be here. Let's get in (and he punched the code in the conference room door).
I gave a successful smile back at the ug representative and continued into the conference room.
An hour and a half later, I was counting $30 from the under grads, whom I promised to join (and pay their entry) at Baker 360 for the night. So it's tub-thumping night I guess.
Off the challenges in life:
- I saw my Day Rider (my Suzuki car) in Louisville this week. Pretty much happy that the new owner has kept the car clean and in a better condition. :)
- In two weeks, I was instructed to listen to so and so songs and movies by at least half a dozen people. Good to see that I am focused enough to be not concerned about new releases and tunes. double :)
- I saw this one liner "Only Robinson Crusoe can do things by Friday", and took a personal challenge to finish next weeks, early to-do list by today. Although I am only 80% finished with it, I am many % smiling about achieving it on a "Oh Yeah! Fridays are a better Finish" Friday!!! triple :)
- I had the 'save now' post from the early week as "The Truth of your point of view on relationships, you mention to your close friends is considered a Lie. The Lie you self mention on the current view point of your relationship with close friends is in fact the real Truth." Seriously, did I come up with this in sleep walk/talk??? :| Anybody agreeing/vehemently wanna oppose this statement, do clarify me on it's meaning first. :P
- Work engrossed, background looped, music of the day were "Intermittent fitful dance steps as you experiment", "Slow trance into the strings and off-work-concentration moves" and "Had to play umpteen times from the beginning to finish the song in one go, due to constant disturbances related agitated frenzy steps"
- This week, an old acquaintance Scott Murdoch, an interesting photographer, sent me this picture (below) and asked my comments. While, the most would have mixed feelings of the photograph, I and a close dudette guru of mine (as per Scott's words) were "Remarkably Keen-Eyed". Find the real truth behind the photograph by using simple reasoning skills. (If you can't figure out what the photographer has tricked you into, mail me so that I can inform the photographers imaginative and creative skill)