Indian Ameri

Friday

Challenge Accepted Buddy!!!

In the industrious PhD world of sighing knowledge, panting wisdom, and choking faith, a few challenging quirks are needed to provide the resuscitative breather. While, the intensity of such encounters deplete with experienced years of occupied life, the satisfaction of completing an opportunistic rare feat is cascading. Okay!! I guess, it's enough that I finish my introductory mumbo-jumbo punch philosophies.

Today, from an odd incident, one of my old under grads saw me discussing seriously with my advisor. My casual half hour lunch in the grad lounge was time enough for the under grads to approach me and remind me that I have grown too professional in the past few months. A consoling survival-of-the-fittest discussion bombarded inadvertently into an inelastic collision. $5 bet on the table from each, that I call my advisor 'buddy' in front of a representative under grad within the day and that he should not respond with a question mark in his face. A reliever from the routine in disguise is what the challenge seemed to me. Challenge accepted!!!

1:30 pm - Group meeting: I knew that my advisor with his lunch schedule today in particular, would be coming early to the conference room to open it up. I, along with the representative, arrived a couple of minutes before my advisor. As my advisor walked along the corridor towards us, I said, "Nobody is here Dr. H***."
Dr. H: Nobody????
I: (Using the opportunity to the maximum extent, sighed, and went.....) NOooooooo (paused, smiled short and........) Buddy(ieeeeeeee)!!! (This was strong, and lucid in pronunciation).
Dr. H: They should be here. Let's get in (and he punched the code in the conference room door).
I gave a successful smile back at the ug representative and continued into the conference room.

An hour and a half later, I was counting $30 from the under grads, whom I promised to join (and pay their entry) at Baker 360 for the night. So it's tub-thumping night I guess.

Off the challenges in life:

Labels: , , ,

posted by Unknown at Friday, October 23, 2009

2 Comments:

I did one read. Will be back for another. PLEASE do 2 things

a) Change template to something readable and clutterfree

b) ENABLE full text feed. (change setting on subscriptions section on the dashboard)

P.s the first paragraph was a stud. youre back in form man - i could count like 2 dozen needless, mismatching adjectives in just that 1 line :) - i'l leave a detailed comment laters.

10:49 PM  

Yeah!! Am back with my usual guns....

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home