Indian Ameri

Wednesday

Some things Change and Some things Don't

As the sharp pain crept through my spine, I woke up to see my nephew, kick me to occupy more space. He reminded me of myself, trying to push my dad out of his bed, so that I can have the queen bed for the king. Well, it's been long gone with the past, but life had been challenging and fun filled. Two hours later in the lab, I get a call from dad, "XYZ called" Pause... (My mind jutted, "Not that a'hole. What trouble has he got me into, this time?")

Dad: Heard that there is a career fair in your Univ.
Me: Yup (Crap! XYZ, am gonna kill you buddy)
Dad: You going for it?
Me: (trying to finish the topic) Nope. I've got another year to graduate.
Dad: Ok
Me: (Okay. Here comes the, 'You need to go and see how it is done, so that it would be easier next year, blah blah blah)
Dad: I know what you are thinking. But this time, go with your plan. Don't waste time on such things. Just get that post doc of yours.
Me: (------------------ No words. It was something different) (Trying to break the pause) Awesome DOsome.
Dad: (sound of a confident proud smile) Is he sleeping? (he - My 2 yr old nephew)
Me: (Sigh.... Back to his famous grandson.... What else can I do?) Yeah, just screwed my power nap. What's with both the grandson and grandpa? You guys always wake me up during my power nap.
Dad: (A wide smile and a slight sound of giggles) Nothing much. Just making sure that you don't oversleep.
Blah blah blah blah.....

Somethings change: Dad stopping to push me with his ideals and principles
Somethings never change: Like I not sitting for a job (Good ol' CTS, TCS and SCT days :P)
Somethings can't change: XYZ - a'hole. Wait till I get my hands on you next year.

Off the change: Last weekend, yet again, I witnessed "putting soap" "keeping ice" kind of life in an industrial training. I wonder, why people become so pathetic, just to safe guard their future. Is this what survival of the fittest is about? Called my mom's niece (What is she to me? Cousin?), after 3 years and after 40 minutes of cool, fun, slapstick talk, from nowhere she started to cry. I couldn't stop laughing coz she reminded me of my MOM... =)))). Told this to mom, and guess what - she started sniffing and sobbing. Dad and I had a boisterous share of tummy aching laughter. (Yes, when it comes to seeing my mom cry am a big sadist :D). The great Dhadha retires after the current series. I am going to miss him.

Reason for this post: Though things are going in the happy-fast lane, somehow, I feel a lil queasy with my recent goals. I guess, I might be lost for a while just to achieve something I aimed for ages. Don't know how many friends, family and happy fun I am going to miss, by this decision of mine.
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, October 08, 2008

1 Comments:

Though things are going in the happy-fast lane, somehow, I feel a lil queasy with my recent goals. I guess, I might be lost for a while just to achieve something I aimed for ages. Don't know how many friends, family and happy fun I am going to miss, by this decision of mine.

Well its gud that things are moving fast at last - i guess u were saying they arent going on as fast as ud like - this is what every1 lives for, my friend - u wont miss nothing, im sure :)

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home